just friends

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » just friends » Cinema » Rent Russian DVDs

Rent Russian DVDs

Сообщений 1 страница 3 из 3

The biggest UK  on line site for renting DVDs is Love Film.com
Within their World Cinema Section are 73 Russian films with English sub titles .
Below is the first of seven pages of titles .
Any recommendations and comments . I certainly have seen Solaris and Burnt by the Sun and both are outstanding . What about the rest?
Anybody fancy giving me their frank opinions ?

Night Watch (2004)
from 29,287 members
Set in contemporary Moscow, Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor) uncovers the other-world battle that upholds a 1000-year-old truce between the forces of Light and the forces of Darkness. For centuries, the ... Read more
Starring: Konstantin Khabensky, Vladimir Menshov, Valeri Zolotukhin, Mariya Poroshina
Director: Timour Bekmambetov, Timur Bekmambetov
Certificate:
Format: DVD
Also Available on: BLU-RAY

Stalker (1979)
from 4165 members
With STALKER, Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky returns to the mind-bending, philosophy-tinged science fiction of SOLARIS. The setting is an unnamed country in an unforeseen postapocalyptic future. A ... Read more
Starring: Alexander Kaidanovsky, Alissa Freindlich, Anatoli Solonitsyn, Nikolai Grinko
Director: Andrei Tarkovsky
Certificate:

Come And See (2 discs) (1985)
from 4156 members
A rare look at World War II from the Soviet side, Come and See is based on the real-life experiences of Ales Adamovich, who fought with Russian partisans in Belarus in 1943, when the Nazis ... Read more
Starring: Alexei Kravchenko, Olga Mironova, Liubomiras Lauciavicius
Director: Elem Klimov
Certificate:

Day Watch (2006)
from 16,384 members
It has been some time since the grand finale of the original film (Night Watch). Anton (Khabensky) continues to fight the forces of Darkness while simultaneously attempting to find and save his son ... Read more
Starring: Konstantin Khabensky, Mariya Poroshina, Vladimir Menshov, Galina Tyunina
Director: Timur Bekmambetov
Certificate:
Also Available on: BLU-RAY

9th Company (2 discs) (2005)
from 5301 members
Post-communist Russia's highest grossing film to date, 9TH COMPANY is a stirring and extremely timely modern day war movie on a par with Hollywood blockbusters 'Full Metal Jacket' and 'Platoon'. ... Read more
Starring: Fyodor Bondarchuk, Aleksei Chadov, Mikhail Evlanov, Ivan Kokorin
Director: Fyodor Bondarchuk
Certificate:

Solaris (1972)
from 7774 members
Released in 1972, Solaris is Andrei Tarkovsky's third feature and his most far-reaching examination of human perceptions and failings. It's often compared to Kubrick's 2001, but although both bring a ... Read more
Starring: Natalya Bondarchuk, Donatas Banionis, Yuri Jarvet, Anatoli Solonitsyn
Certificate:

Ivan's Childhood (1962)
from 1568 members
Visionary Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky's first film, MY NAME IS IVAN, is a powerhouse of visual and emotional impact and a portend of many themes Tarkovsky would develop throughout his ... Read more
Starring: Kolya Burlaev, Valentin Zubkov, Yevgeni Zharikov
Certificate:

Mirror (1974)
from 2434 members
With THE MIRROR, legendary Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky crafts perhaps his most profound and compelling film. What started off for Tarkovsky as a planned series of interviews with his own ... Read more
Starring: Margarita Terekhova, Ignat Daniltsev, Larisa Tarkovskaya
Certificate:

Andrei Rublev (2 discs) (1966)
from 2118 members
Director Andrei Tarkovsky's second film, ANDREI RUBLEV, is a massive and sweeping retelling of the life of the 15th-century Russian icon painter and perhaps the first great Russian artist. Unfolding ... Read more
Starring: Anatoly Solonitsyn, Ivan Lapikov, Nikolai Grinko
Certificate:

Burnt By The Sun (1994)
from 1525 members
The year is 1936 and Colonel Kotov, his wife Maroussia and their young daughter Nadia are leading a happy life in their country home. That is, until Dimitri, a man on an evil mission, enters their ... Read more
Starring: Nikita Mikhalkov, Ingeborga Dapkunaite, Oleg Menchikov
Director: Nikita Mikhalkov
Certificate:

Raymondo написал(а):

Night Watch, Day Watch

As for me, I never hesitate to watch any kinds of mistical movies, horrow... To my mind i liked that one, i can't say that totally LOVE, but not bad. In case i watched it without paying any money (pirat's)  :D So for free - it's perfect

Andrei Tarkovsky's genius film creator, but his films aren't easy understangable, it"s elitist...not sure how it will be in english interpretation...but if u liked Solaric >Stalker, Mirror, Nostalgy and etc will be ok...
Remembered  great shock I have had after watching "Come And See"... really hard and impressive

Вы здесь » just friends » Cinema » Rent Russian DVDs

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно