just friends

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » just friends » Cinema » 2011 Oscars go to Great Britain .

2011 Oscars go to Great Britain .

Сообщений 1 страница 4 из 4

The British film , King's Speech , swept   all before it as it scooped four different awards including best film and Best actor -- Colin Firth ( my double)
Sophisticated critics and top judges all thought the superior film was Inception , but a so called Sci Fi film has never won a best picture award . Inception was the brain child of writer and director , the British born Christopher Nolan
The fiery Christian Bale -- yet another talent from GB -- won best supporting actor .

Perhaps it would make better sense if  in future the Oscars were moved to London .

Raymondo написал(а):

The British film , King's Speech

Raymondo,
have you seen this movie?

Have you liked it?

Отредактировано никто (2011-02-28 19:53:15)

It's not my kind of subject but it is beautifully made and crafted .
In case you do not know the background , the King in question is our present Queen's father ---- King George the Sixth . He was intensely shy and had a terrible stutter . In real life he was a disaster as a young man because the public had no knowledge of the facts and probably thought he was an idiot . The story is remarkable though obviously it is romanticised .Nevertheless , you would enjoy it because of the excellent and impressive direction and fine acting .
I have not seen Inception but am excited at the thought of seeing it . It concerns people who learn to take things away from people's minds as they dream . Brilliant .
If you come to Brighton we will watch it together .

you should see this! it is something new, original and the work of Firth and Rush is IMPECABLE!

Вы здесь » just friends » Cinema » 2011 Oscars go to Great Britain .

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно